I was fortunate enough to meet Kelvin Cheung, the founder of business.ca in person last week. Kelvin is a very successful entrepreneur and his experiences span across multiple industry.
There are just too many things that I can learn from him. I am still soaking in the future vision, business logic and ideas that were discussed throughout the conversation. One thing that stands out in my mind is how far he can envision and approach an idea. I explained my idea about fantasy basketball data (selling fantasy basketball data analysis results) to him. Within a minute, he suggested to me that I can create a tool for other experts to use to analyze the data. I can not only charge them subscription fee but also capture the usage behavior of these experts, which in turn can be somehow sold to a gambling company.
Thinking (at least) one step ahead is what differentiate a good businessman from the crowd. Great lesson learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment